Sunday, July 11, 2010

Thing #7 (Google)

I set up some Google alerts, like Houston news, to be received every day. I read one of the members' blog and I saw that she had an alert for science education and I thought that was a good idea. So, I set up an alert for "math teaching" and I received a wonderful collection of articles, jokes, and video clips about teaching math. I think this is a great tool for my teaching!

I added the Google calendar in my account and added to it US calendar, Sunrise and sunset times, phases of the moon, and other calendars. I wish if I could import my calendar from my school outlook but it didn't work.

I used to have Yahoo as my home page and I was used to its lay out and how I personalized it a long time ago. I created a new iGoogle page and made it another home page. I took some time to personalize my new page with my theme and gadgets: weather, date/time, news, movies, and calendar.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    It sounds like you have found some tools that will work well for you. It does take time to set many of these tools up, but it is worth it when you have that great calendar during the busy school year.
    Remember to put the title of the "Thing" in your title line. Your readers will be able to relate to your topic faster without having to remember the number of the thing.

    ReplyDelete