Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thing # 15 Web 2.0, Library 2.0

The video was interesting to watch! It was very authentic since the messge is coming from the students themselves as learners. The students we teach tell us in that video that they spend much more time using their own technology than studying for school. The logical thought here would be, why don't we then combine both, learning and technology? The funny thing though was one of the comments on the teacher's article from a parent who wants her kids to shut their tech tools and just listen to the teacher!

I read a couple of library 2.0 perspectives and I liked Dr. Wendy Schultz's article. She explains the stages of library development now and in the future as 1.0 (commodity), 2.0 (product), 3.0 (3D- service), and 4.0 (experience). What came to my mind when I read this was, I really need to pick up on technology now because the gap keeps (and will) be wider between me and the tech world.

No comments:

Post a Comment