I skimmed through some of the sites on the list and chose the PBworks tool for Wikis. I remembered that I have joined my school wiki last year but never contributed to it. I started a wiki for myself yesterday, but I am still working on it. I liked the wiki idea especially when I saw other wikis for 3rd grade, which is what I teach, so I could relate to what they did. When I searched wikis earlier I only saw library ones and high school ones so I couldn't tell how to use it in my situation.
I think it is a great tool to communicate with parents as well as students. I am thinking to add certain lessons and homework assignments on my wiki to help students who need more assistance or who were absent that day. Another idea is to allow students to add something about themselves in the beginning of the year as an icebreaker.
I am excited about my wiki and I am still learning as I am adding to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment